Friday, July 20, 2012

Infiltrated.. Poo and More Poo!

After cleaning the house meticulously this morning, the children and I set out for an afternoon of errands, shopping, and quick bite to eat. When we came back four hours later, I was told by an excited Kind Heart, that a large groundhog was in the house! A large animal he said! I look, and lo and behold, I see poop on the carpet. Lots of poop. Not as big as a dog, per-say, but bigger than rat droppings! Yuck! The boys found a squirrel in their room, under their bunk!
We shut the door and I immediately called our Housing Office. They called Orkin immediately and the property manager and her assistant manager came out within 30 minutes. I began to clean up the poop - it was in the living room, behind furniture, on furniture, on the floor in the kitchen, and in my sewing/computer room floor. We found two urine spots - one in the boys' room and one in my room. Double Yuck! When the managers came, one did a walk behind the house while the other went inside with me. Everything was fine on the outside. We checked all the house, except the boys' room - where the squirrel was being held captive, and no sign of another squirrel. So, we finally entered the room. She looked - and the squirrel had escaped! It chewed its way out of the room, via Lil' Farmer's bed, jumping onto the sill, and eating through the mesh screen window! Tomorrow morning, we are getting an emergency carpet deep-cleaning courtesy of our property managers. So nice!

1 comment:

  1. Nature close to home--a little too close for comfort. Glad it's being taken care!

    ReplyDelete