Friday, April 26, 2013

Twirly Skirt Time

I have been busy making some quick skirts for Sweet Sis. The narrow one is from Simplicity 2576, which is meant to be a teaching pattern for you girls to learn to sew. Very Simple. The second skirt is from The King's Daughters Ruffled Skirt Pattern, also simple but a tad more time due to gathering. The first from cut out to finished product was under 45 min. The second one was an hour and 15 minutes.  I rarely do it all at once but can get it done in a day or evening. I plan on a denim ruffle for her next skirt. I have two Mommy dresses to finish first. One has been in the works for nearly 2 years. I am having trouble with the bodice side seam zipper, but I have worked out a solution in theory, so I just need to do it! I would rather do the quick gratifying projects then dig in and fix a problem.  That sounds like a seamstress' sermon! By for now from the pin cushion pulpit, Country Needles

No comments:

Post a Comment