Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Crispy "Chikn" Legs

Poor Poor Professor. After 12 years of marriage, one would think a husband would take his wife's advice. Nope. I practically had to tackle my husband on the playing field to get him to paste some natural sunscreen on. I knew that even after a few minutes of being in the sun, he would begin to burn. (We enjoyed a nice picnic with dear friends on Labor Day) Professor did relent, and let me put some on his face and neck, but he neglected his arms and legs. And I had to pay for it! Last night was one of the worst nights for us - it felt like we had a newborn baby! Professor has sun-poisoning! He went to bed 2 hours before we normally do, and had the blankets piled on like it was December! He came down with major chills. This morning he woke up with a massive headache and nausea. I didn't see the extent of his burn until he came home tonight. It usually takes him 24 hours to finish burning after the sun exposure. Professor is all Irish - 100%, and is very fair, as is our daughter. So how do you know if a burn turns to sun-poisoning? Here are some pointers: 1. Skin redness and blistering 2. Pain and tingling 3. Swelling 4. Headache 5. Fever and chills 6. Nausea 7. Dizziness 8. Dehydration I will have him drinking a ton tonight, because I know he probably didn't stop to drink a drop today at work. His water bottle was broke and hasn't replaced it. This might be a good time!
And no, he is not wearing socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment