Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fun "Free" Day

A friend shared with me a great program that is running through the summer. It is called "Kids Bowl Free". For the length of summer, every child who is registered, gets 2 free games of bowling per week - all across the country. Although I have been registered for a few weeks, we have not gone. I wanted to make sure it was right for our family. To participate, the children must bowl between 9 am - 5 pm. Yesterday was the big day - the children were motivated to finish their work 30 min early, so we could leave by 3 pm. Even though we homeschool, we still "school". On another post, I will show our schedule, but, we start near 10 am with formal sit down school - after the kids have already been working since 8:15 am on chores, and music lessons. The kids had lots of fun! I just sat back and helped when needed. The alley was clean, very well lit, and nearly empty. Out of 40 lanes, 2 were being used - us and another family! It was a nice "once in a blue moon" treat for the kids. Enjoy the pictures!
Aren't these shoes adorable? They were so tiny and cute!
By the way, "Free" isn't always free! I had to pay $4 per child for shoe rentals! So it cost me $16. And I didn't get to play! Although I am a good ball pusher...

No comments:

Post a Comment