Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Building Adventure

We have been wanting a playhouse for the children for quite some time - years! I think Mom and Dad want it more! I finally found one used online and was able to pick it up last week. I had to rent a 6' x 12' trailer to disassemble and load the pieces onto. It was quite the work. I couldn't have done it without the help of my kind neighbor and his son. Once we arrived home, and I unloaded the pieces, I realized that the floor/foundation was quite rotten. The rest of the playhouse is in great condition. I suspect a sprinkler could have been near the back side where they placed the playhouse against a fence. So, I had to delay constructing the playhouse until we decided how to repair the foundation. We decided to just start over and build it from scratch. Today, the children and I went and purchased the wood and loaded it on top of the truck. I will have to spend some time putting a coating on the pieces to prevent rot/termites in the future. The kids are excited as am I! Did I mention that I had to level the ground where we are placing the playhouse? That is quite the work. My hands were sore for days and I am still staring at my blister scabs. Ahh, the things we do for our children!

1 comment:

  1. and here it is! :) It will be so worth it when you're done!

    ReplyDelete