Monday, August 27, 2012

Sew Running Around!

Country Needles here. In between stitches, literally, I will update you on my sewing adventures. I have been busy for certain! A special little lady in my life just turned 9, and I had to treat her to some sewing creations. My first project, and most intricate, is a pleated, smocked, and sewn top called "Pony Club". It is a beautiful top that is perfect for that older little girl. Unfortunately, this top turned out to be a very challenging project that shouldn't have been. Another experienced seamstress and I have concluded the pattern (which came from AS&E (Australian Smocking & Embroidery) #98), might not have been vetted to its fullest, a small risk when using patterns that come from magazines. But, I have it completed now.
I was able to give her a beautiful apple print jumper, and two Gypsy skirts - one for her and a matching one for her little sister (and my daughter), plus I am finishing up a 2nd apple jumper for her little sister and a tiny jumper for her special doll, Emily. I have smocked a dress for Laura, so it only needs to be assembled. *Pictures coming soon!*

No comments:

Post a Comment